Thursday, May 20, 2010

Top 20 Cleveland Cavaliers of All-Time (well.. the last 10 years or so)

No, Eric Snow did not make the list.  In fact, he's probably my least favorite Cavalier of all-time.  I've decided to boycott all the shenanigans currently transpiring regarding LeBron.  I can't handle the daily garbage that comes up on ESPN, in Cleveland, Chicago, New York newspapers.. etc.  Honestly, who cares?  The Cavaliers lost.  I get it.  LeBron is a free-agent.  Sweet.  I'm going to do my best not to mention anything going on related to the free agency rumor mill.  He can sign with any team he chooses starting July 1st.  That's 41 days, 4 hours, 52 minutes, and 33 seconds from now.. not that I'm counting.

So, what this means is that I'm going to need something else to talk about for the foreseeable future.  Obviously, there aren't any games I can talk about.  I'm still watching the playoffs though, and it looks like a Lakers/Celtics Finals rematch of two years ago.  Kobe is on a mission and the Celtics are solid.  That's all I'll say about that.

Anyways, I've come up with a list of my 20 favorite Cavaliers that I can actually remember seeing play in a Cleveland uniform.  You may not agree with my list, but quite frankly.. I don't care.  To be an all-time great Cavalier, you don't need to be considered a great player.  The only thing I really judge is their impact on the Cavaliers organization.     

I left several players off my list, for obvious reasons.  Some of them I just didn't really like, others failed to live up to the expectations.  Here's a few of the players I left off the list:  Robert "Tractor" Traylor, Trajan Langdon, Eric Snow, Kevin Ollie, Bimbo Coles, Mateen Cleaves, Jason Kapono, Carlos Boozer, Delonte West, and Mo Williams all did not make the cut.

So for the next few weeks or so, this is what we'll be discussing.  Why talk about ignorant LeBron free agency scenarios, when you can reminisce about some of the best players to ever adorn the Wine and Gold?  (or Blue, Orange, White, and Black) I actually still love those black jerseys.  There's nothing quite like taking a trip down memory-lane.  LeBron James is Underrated

No comments:

Post a Comment