Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Zydrunas adopts two boys from Lithuania


Cleveland Cavaliers center Zydrunas Ilgauskaus is a class-act. Z and his wife Jennifer recently adopted a 4 and 5 year old from his home country of Lithuania. It's a safe bet that Z took them out of a bad situation and placed them into a great one. Who wouldn't to be adopted by a millionaire and move from Lithuania to America? Zydrunas is just generally a nice guy, and he has been a consistent player for the Cavs over the last several years. This comes two years following Jennifer's miscarraige with twins, which you can imagine was heartbreaking for Z and his wife. Life seems to be full of surprises for Ilgauskaus as of late. With the recent of addition of Shaq Diesel, Zydrunas will now come off the bench. Don't underestimate Z this year, he has been a solid low-post presence and outstanding deep to mid-range jump shooter. Who is a more consistent knock-down shooter in the Cavs lineup? (There isn't one) Z makes the Cavs very dangerous coming off the bench for Shaq, since teams have to defend him out to the perimeter. The 7 foot 3" center was even asked to shoot some 3-pointers last year. This guy is still ridiculously underrated. Coming off the bench won't be an issue for Z, as he made clear when recently asked about the addition of Shaq.

"At this point in my career, I really want to win," Ilgauskas said. "I'm 34 years old and I want to win a championship. Whatever helps me get that, I'm all for it. Shaq is the best center I have ever played against, so if anybody is going to replace me in the starting lineup I don't mind it being him at all."


On another note, I'm sick of talking about Delonte West, but he missed his 2nd straight practice today. Who knows what will happen with him this season. Hopefully he can just get his mind together. Maybe he needs to adopt some children from Lithuania, like my man Z. Adopting children is underrated. LeBron James is underrated

No comments:

Post a Comment